Call for Strategic Project Proposal
Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works of the Republic of Bulgaria
in cooperation with
Ministry of European Integration of the Republic of Serbia
Announce on the 4 January 2023 Call for Strategic Project Proposal under the (INTERREG VI-A) IPA Bulgaria Serbia Programme, with aim for preparing the population for disaster response and increasing the capacity of professionals to respond to emergencies in the cross-border area.
The following eligible Project Partners are invited to submit Strategic Project Proposal:
- Directorate General Fire Safety and Civil Protection – Ministry of the Interior, Republic of Bulgaria;
- Sector for Emergency Management - Ministry of Interior (SEM MoI), Republic of Serbia;
- The Academy of the Ministry of Interior, Republic of Bulgaria
- National Association of Volunteers in the Republic of Bulgaria.
The overall objective of the (INTERREG VI-A) IPA Bulgaria Serbia Programme is “To strengthen the territorial cohesion of the Bulgaria-Serbia cross-border region”. The Programme is co-financed from the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance III (IPA III) of the European Union.
The Strategic Project Proposal would have to target:
Priority 3: A more resilient border region:
- Specific objective 2.4. “Promoting climate change adaptation and disaster risk prevention, and resilience, taking into account eco-system based approaches”.
The total amount allocated to the Call for Strategic Project Proposal is € 7 291 834.
The programme area for the Strategic Project Proposal is:
- For Republic of Bulgaria (administrative level NUTS III) – districts of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Sofia-distirct, Pernik and Kyustendil;
- For Republic of Serbia (administrative level NUTS III equivalent) – districts of Bor, Zaječar, Toplica, Nišava, Pirot, Jablanica and Pčinja.
The full package of documents, including the Guidelines for Applicants is published and can be found on the following websites:
The deadline for submission of the Strategic Project Proposal is 5th April 2023, 17:00 h. local time in Bulgaria. The Strategic Project Proposal must be submitted entirely in electronic form using the Joint Electronic Monitoring System (JEMS): jems-bgrs.mrrb.government.bg.
You can contact the Joint Secretariat of the Programme for additional information:
Main office in Sofia: tel. + 359 2 9405 337;
Branch office in Niš: tel. + 381 18 513 224.
- Guidelines for Applicants, including Attachments;
- Application Form – available at Jems;
- Annex C: Subsidy contract.