The results achieved under Interreg-IPA CBC Bulgaria-Serbia Programme 2014-2020 and the Bulgaria-Serbia IPA Cross-border Programme 2007-2013 were approved at the JMC meeting
The second Joint Monitoring Committee (JMC) meeting under Interreg-IPA CBC Bulgaria-Serbia Programme 2014-2020 and Bulgaria-Serbia IPA Cross-border Programme 2007-2013 was held on 21st of April, in Nis. The meeting was chaired by Ms. Sanda Simic, Assistant Director of Serbian European Integration Office of the Republic of Serbia and co-chaired by Ms. Denitsa Nikolova, Deputy Minister of Regional Development and Public Works. Official guests to the meeting were His Excellency Mr. Angel Dimitrov, Ambassador of the Republic of Bulgaria in the Republic of Serbia, and Mr. Edvin Sugarev, Consul General of the Republic of Bulgaria in Nis. Mr. Mihajlo Zdravkovic welcomed the participants on behalf of the Municipality of Nis.
Ms. Simic welcomed all the participants on behalf of the National Authority and expressed her approval of the high attendance at the meeting. She noted that the Programme between Bulgaria and Serbia is the most advanced in terms of implementation compared to all the other CBC Programmes involving Serbia, because of excellent cooperation between the Managing and National Authority.
Denitsa Nikolova welcomed all the participants on behalf of the Managing Authority. She noted that the interest in the Programme within the new programming period has greatly increased, with 388 project proposals under the First Call, which is more than all the project proposals received during the entire 2007-2013 programming period. She reasoned that the Programme contribution to the region will increase as well, reflecting increased competition and allowing for the best quality projects to help fulfill the Programme goals.
The JMC members reviewed and approved the following documents during the meeting:
- The 2015 Annual Implementation Report of the Bulgaria-Serbia IPA Cross-border Programme 2007-2013;
- The first Annual Implementation Report of the Interreg - IPA CBC Programme Bulgaria-Serbia 2014-2020, including report on implementation of e-Cohesion regulatory requirements;
- The Evaluation plan of the Interreg - IPA CBC Programme Bulgaria-Serbia 2014-2020;
- The updated Job descriptions of the personnel of the Joint Secretariat;
- The results from administrative compliance and eligibility check of the project proposals under the 1st Call for Proposals of the Interreg - IPA CBC Bulgaria-Serbia Programme.
A summary of the results of the administrative compliance and eligibility check is available HERE.
Lead partner representatives of all the project proposals which did not pass the administrative compliance and eligibility check will be notified by a letter regarding the project status and the reasons for rejection.